After much debate I have finally narrowed down my top 5 top picks for 2012 (early 2012). With the amount of movement in the market right now it was a tough decision to pick five but here they are.
1. Apple (AAPL) – Although there has been some debate about whether or not Apple has reached its peak I believe Apple is just getting started. The Ipad 3 release is on the horizon and Apple is targeting China for sales. Apple has a love/hate relationship with most people but the one thing that everyone can agree on is that they are on top for a reason.
2. Home Depot (HD) – The housing bubble has been popped and growth in the housing industry is on coming soon. Although house sales might not pick back up for a few years Home Depot is a solid bet based solely on the popularity of home improvement.
3. Wal Mart (WMT) – Like Apple, Wal Mart is expanding HUGELY in China. On top of their expansion worldwide, Wal Mart continues to gain momentum in sales.
4. Baidu (BIDU) – The infamous Chinese search engine has become a force in Asia that eventually could rival that of Google. Baidu is growing fast and has the potential to bring great earnings.
5. Proctor and Gamble (PG) – A company that has paid dividends faithfully for over 100 years, Proctor and Gamble is a VERY solid investment. Think of it as investing in several companies in one since P & G owns several multi-billion dollar companies.
Overall 2012 is off to a great start and I am confident that the market will do great things this year. Feel free to email me with any questions, comments, concerns, etc at email@example.com
Until next time, Erik Wantland